Welcome to the Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College. At the department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, you will receive the finest care provided by our team of healthcare professionals. Nurses, technicians, and trainees may assist your doctor during your visit. These individuals have special training and skills that make them an important part of our patient care team.
Length of Your Visit:
Your physician will spend as much time as necessary in order to ensure an appropriate assessment and understanding of your care. We recommend you allow 1-2 hours for your appointment and prepare for possible delays, and know that you will have the time you need with your doctor.
Day of Visit:
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes in advance of your scheduled appointment time in order to complete any required paperwork.
- Please call your physician's office immediately if you will be late or if you need to cancel your appointment (24 hours notice is required when cancelling your appointment).
- Please be sure to bring your insurance card.
- If your insurance plan requires it, please be sure to obtain authorization before arriving to your appointment.
- If you are scheduled for an Ob/Gyn ultrasound or Antepartum Fetal Testing exams please bring a referral(s) and present it/them at time of check-in to avoid any delays. Please understand that, in accordance with Weill Cornell Physician's Organization requirements, we regret that we are unable to see patients for examination without the appropriate referral, even if it has been obtained but is not available or cannot be verified at patient check-in.
- Please notify us on the day of your appointment if there have been any changes to your demographics and/or insurance information since your last visit with us.
A checklist for Your Visit:
The following list will help you remember items and information to bring with you to your appointment.
- Medical records (consultation, operative reports)
- Radiological films (CT, MRI, X-ray), if applicable
- Lab reports
- List of any medications that you may be taking and their dosages
- Your insurance card / information (e.g., HMO, Medicare, Medicaid)
- Any forms mailed or faxed to you that you were asked to complete
- Name, address, phone # and fax # of your pharmacy
- A list of any questions you may have for your doctor
- Co-payment for visit, if applicable
If you are insured under a managed care plan, before your appointment:
- Confirm that the provider you will be seeing is a participating provider in your plan and that you have obtained any prior authorization, if applicable
- Confirm that any service you will be receiving is covered under your plan and obtain any prior authorization, if applicable
- Obtain any necessary referral(s) before your appointment, if applicable
- Be prepared to pay your co-payment at time of service
If you do not have insurance or the doctor you are seeing does not participate in your insurance plan, you are required to pay for your visit in full at time of service.